Elson-Alexandre, now E.A. Photography, was established in 1945 in Los Angeles, California by Al Elson and Jerry Alexandre. These men learned the photography business in New York and ventured tothe new and growing area of California, seeking their future. The founders believed there was need for a business providing high quality portraits to the professional community. The company’s original model consisted of photographers and apprentices carrying their equipment from office to office, photographing business executives and medical professionals. The film was taken back to the studio, processed, proofs were printed, and a sales consultant retraced the photographer’s steps, offering the highest quality portraiture available to the community.